Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chair For One



"Chair For One"
2014

There were so many things
That I should feel ashamed to tell
She used to think I was a fit for heaven
Now she knows that I'm tailor made for hell
So she can save her crying
When all is said and done
Then we will sit her party down
As the maƮtre d' calls out, "Pity, Chair For One."
'Cause she used to want me badly
Or so she used to say
But when I let her peek behind the glass
She turned to run away
So now I hope she suffers
As each word becomes a blade
That I bury deep in her emotions pure
As you hail the best mistake she's ever made
And I wish I could stab a pretty sunset
Until it bleeds on an ocean's face
So as that tide came rolling in
It'd bear proof she's been replaced
But excuse my sense of humor
She's a pathetic little tart
That should be feeling foolish now
Knowing she'll never reside with my heart
But if I could hear her now
Backed by some noisy violin
I bet she'd pantomime the martyr
Until her Pilate returned again
So she can dance and spin her tales
As I sharpen up my nails
Then I'll put her up for all the world to see
So they can take her picture with their phones
To prove she was crucified,
And driven in to my last faded memory.
As I smile and whisper,
"Good riddance."

No comments:

Post a Comment