Friday, September 5, 2014

Enjoy It, Baby?





Within my chest there has been a hole.
An endless void for all to see.
Or at least the few who cared enough,
To see how deep the well could be.
And within that internal crater, lies the proof that you were here.
Like an obnoxious print in wet concrete, made to leave your mark for years.
And despite my strong denials, the evidence will show
That I'm a fucking fool for holding on, and not learning to let go.
Because the worst gift one could ever get, is the hope that things will change,
Cause now you have come and gone again, and i feel a bit deranged.
But worry not, my darling true, you're safer than can be.
Cause in my world, you've been replaced, so this pen will bleed for thee.
For selfishness is a blissful trait, and you possess the thing in spades.
But watchful eyes will help your dreams, to dig and fill their graves.
And memories are such tired things, your face, like a shitty sitcom on repeat.
Now forgetting you feels so good, even diabetics would sure agree it's sweet.
But all of this is neither here nor bare, if that makes any sense at all.
Cause you built me up, then let me down, and didn't warn me of the fall.
And the broken shards that i became, would've made mosaics of your name.
But now i hate the very thought of you, and i feel not an ounce of shame
When i say there was an impressive list of things, that i wished to do to you.
But now my tongue has become a blade, and it's your heart I'm pushing through.
Enjoy it, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment