Monday, January 13, 2014

The Power You Possess




"The Power You Possess"
2014

Do you know the power, the power you possess?
How you can you be so far away, and bring me so much stress?
I find the very thought of touching you, so soothing to the mind.
But i when i think of loving you, in truth, terror's what i find.
For those three words, they often bare, a blatant consequence.
And it's when they're often said, and laced with false pretense.
But those sacred words can cause a spark, from which a fuse is lit.
And it shall slither down the blackened string, until given cause to quit.
But if there's no reason good enough, there's a chosen path to tread.
But since i have never found my way to another's heart, this uncertainty's breeding dread.
So tell me if i am wrong to doubt, or even question if you're true?
Or should i focus on the laundry list of things, that i wish you'd let me do?
To you...

No comments:

Post a Comment