Sunday, October 19, 2014

Liberating Loneliness




Write this down, today.
Mark the calendars if you wish.
I just realized the obvious.
How long had i been oblivious?
I am better off alone .
Wow. What a simple revelation.
I can't believe that out of a myriad of conclusions,
This one had never yet been my own.
For how stupid can one man be?
Thinking about others before himself
Clinging to values long since expired
Stuck in his own disbelief, up to his chest in a metaphoric mire.
But life seems to be better lived lacking love.
Ignoring dispositions truly false
Some say chivalry has died,
And i hope it doesn't have a fucking pulse.
Because it's pointless to deliver efforts
Only to see them get rebuffed
And see each day repeat itself
Until you've finally had enough
So I'm fearing that solitude is better
Than devoting self to one
Who will only drive you raving mad
When all is said is done
And these are the benefits of such
No actions to decode.
No subtle hints to decipher.
No emotions to wade through,
Free to do any-fucking-thing I ever wished to do.
No little dates to remember.
None of the hallmark channel shit
Just engaging every felt desire
Until i feel it best to quit.
This loneliness is liberating
For i only argue with my mind
No more waging petty, pathetic wars
Or hoping to rekindle a flame blown out by time.
Just me, myself, and I.
The only people I can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment