Sunday, October 19, 2014

What Is There Left To Say?




What is there left to say
That I've not already said
How on Earth can I convey
What goes on inside my head
Should i say I'm missing you
And still keep your pictures in my phone
Or how i wonder if you think of me
On nights that you're alone
Tell me, has the anger in your voice
Been given time to just subside
Or do you still feel hatred for the lack
Of time i was able to provide
For i know sorry's not enough
And actions are more equipped to prove
That i feel the stabs of my regrets
Each and every time i move
But could you find it in your heart
To say hello from time to time
And not remain silent through the days
Like a gorgeous pantomime
'Cause i know the window's closed
And i left too much room for you to breathe
But i miss the days you'd smile
And i hate these days in which you seethe
So won't you just forgive me, dear
I make mistakes, i'm just a man
Fighting to stay above the water
And do the very best i can
For I was dealt the poorest hand
But it's still the hand that i must play
Knowing the darkened clouds still overhead
Will only brighten up to gray
But you helped me to forget
All the hate I've felt for me
And you used to tell me things
That would cause this active mind to dream
But i don't expect a drop of love
To be drained from out your heart
And despite this bitter end
I only wish we could restart...
Even if it's only as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment