Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Plight Of Tired Hands



"The Plight Of Tired Hands"
2014

Every night before i sleep
I use my tired hands to trace
The spot inside my lonely bed
Where you'd take your rightful place
And i would stare and watch in awe
As you took each graceful breath
Knowing that to keep you safe from harm
I'd introduce myself to death
And I've imagined you alive and still
Glowing like an angel in your form
A sight so pure, the tears I've spilled
Have become a nightly norm
I watch your hair start to slowly fall
So it can kiss the pillowcase
And once I would have envied this,
But now I'm blessed to know your taste
With lips as soft as perfect clouds
It's as if you smile within your sleep
And i fear I'll move and wake you up
So it's my balance I must keep
And as i raise the sheets above your waist
With the hopes to keep you warm
I slowly place your hair behind your ear
As i barely lift my arm
For i need to see your gorgeous face
If I'm to believe it's not a dream
All while knowing deep down inside
I'm so happy i could scream
But instead i hear the rhythm of your breaths
And they seem to form a song
As i recall my wait of over thirty years
Wondering how i survived this long
Without your soft and healing touch
That slowly fixed my frowning face
Or have i truly dreamed you into life
I wonder if this could be the case
If it is, then darling I'm,
Pleading guilty here and now
Cause I've never fell this hard before
And i don't care to answer how
Leave the questions to the scholars, love
Their debates will rage for days
For I barely hear the noisy fan above
As I still stare at you, amazed.
And the window blinds are barely cracked
So the moonlight's pouring in
And I'm struck dumb as I observe
The way it dances off your skin
And i can't help my wanting you
You're just so majestic and alive
That i want to kiss you right awake
And taste the love I've been denied
Then I'll let you get your bearings as,
I kiss my way below your waist
Inching close to paradise
As i move the blankets now with haste
To reveal the amazing legs that hold you up
And I'm compelled to praise them much
But i would rather feel them here and now
And watch you tremble from my touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment