Sunday, October 19, 2014

Said The Flower To The Vine




Oh, little dandelion.
My how fast you've grown.
Spent your days searching far and wide,
Look how fast the time has flown.
But, tell me... truly...
Are you happy now?
Having gone and spread yourself so thin
That your seeds blossomed discontent?
Have you felt the pains of wasted youth,
As you wondered where it went?
Forgetting that here inside the present tense,
You're a broken soul that's bare.
Confused, mistaken up for down
While here's starting to mirror there.
But if we're being honest now,
There are some things i have to know
Did you consider this a last resort?
Or just a place where you felt safe to grow?
Tell me, did you seek to gain attention,
From every passerby?
With the fear they would only see your gifts,
If displayed them here beneath the sky.
Oh, darling, I know, I know.
You weren't wrong to hope, per se.
But still they overlooked the fact
That you were beautiful in your own way.
In this world, efforts are oft for naught
For we're specks of dust inside the wind
We're at its mercy, once we're caught.
Then we're forced to move on again.
Ever onward, tumbling through the days
Until they then give way to night
And the way you live is far from wrong
But i know that you're not feeling right
For i have felt that way myself
Still being honest, like I said
It's the reason why I'm now sharing these
Words ringing loudly in my head
But it was as I was saying this
That her face began to change
And flashed a look with angry eyes
Then started acting strange
'Cause I guess she felt interrogated
Or even cross-examined in a court
So it was then she wished to shut me up
By offering this loud retort,
"For starters, I'm not just any flower.
Hell, you're looking at a rose.
A better form was never seen,
So it's often that I'm chose
But you call yourself some kind of vine,
But in truth, you're closer to a tree.
With roots dug in as deep as yours,
You don't know how good where else could be.
While sitting here, and growing old
Is all that you can do
Unaware that you are a giant fool
And the world's biggest sap is you
So save your condescending wisdom
And advice you've offered up
Because i think that you will be alone
Until the day your coffin's shut
And you can sit here and play the sage
As if all the answers are possessed
By that thing inside your head
And the foolish thing within your chest.
'Cause I'm too busy living life
To be concerned with what you think
And i could be somebody's wife
By the next time that you blink
So focus on your business
And i will concentrate on mine"
Yes, these were all the things
A gorgeous flower had said to a vine.

1 comment: