Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Fastest Way

"The Fastest Way"


I have lived a lifetime in my days
And lived days within my dreams
I've spoken profoundly with my silence
And yet said nothing with my screams
I've known opulence at the cost of thoughts
And succumbed to the collected debt of sleep
I've grasped at memories like grains of sand
Hoping to prolong the time they keep
But all of these truths are pale
When compared to my dark desires
For I long to be inside of you
And provide your favorite of the pyres
But darling, the fastest way to nothing
Is to journey through my eyes
And disregard the bits of truth
Then dive headfirst in the lies
And as in you inhale the aroma
Of the greatest stories ever told
Know that fortune only favors
Those we've all considered bold
So what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment