Thursday, November 20, 2014

Three Cheers For The Masochists

"Three Cheers For The Masochists."


Each of us are masochists, we just have different ways.
Trying to find a little joy in the suffering, so we can make it through the days.
While we fight to ignore that tiny voice, ringing loudly in our brains.
Seeking to mask erosion through weathered storms, we started dancing in the rains.
Each lightning flash and thunder roar, mirrors these mistakes we've made.
While reminding us we're only comfortable, in the respective beds we've made.
But we can call a spade a spade, if you're wishing to be obtuse.
I fight my thoughts at tremendous cost, and nightly wonder what's the use?
Because my gift becomes a curse, when frustration starts to win.
Since i keep standing here to brave the pouring rain, while wishing she would let me in.
Or better yet, come out to join me in despair...

No comments:

Post a Comment