Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ecstasy

"Ecstasy"


This is another short piece, written as a sort of playful series of boasts
that a man is telling his woman after making love throughout the night.
He is feeling quite proud of himself, because he believes
that he just spent his night thoroughly pleasing her.
But eventually, he realizes that after all of their love-making, and
now his gleeful gloating, a substantial amount of time has passed.
And as a result, his beloved woman is going to be late for work.
So he then begins to rush her to get ready for work,
all while assuring her that his rushing is out of concern for her job,
and not simply to get rid of her.
Because he truly, truly loves her.






Ecstasy,
Far from some little colored pill
But an honest to God thrill
That I get when you make that sound, of joy abound
As if signaling to the Heavens
The arrival of a god into the parameters of your being
Of which for me, cannot rival seeing
That sparkle in your eyes, as I drift slowly beneath your navel
Which somehow makes me able
To speak in tongues with my tongue
Words that only your other pair of lips can understand
Which causes painted nails to dig into my skin
Like the way the roots of trees penetrate the sand
And oh my do I, love the way you shiver, the way you quiver
Like somehow the temperature has dropped
My ego inflates as you gasp, like a child
When their new balloon has unexpectedly popped
And because you taste like water from a spring, and with your tongue
You can do that one certain thing
It makes me wanna drop down to one knee, and give to you a ring
Filled with diamonds, whose beauty cannot hold a candle to your own
But under the candlelight, you are divine, in the moonlight, you are a goddess
And if I can be honest, I am so glad that you are mine
But nothing can match the feeling that I get, from seeing you get wet
With sweat mind you
After a night of giving me your all, after I have given you mine
You should really hurry and get dressed, or you'll be late for work
Babe, I'm serious, just take a look at the time
But wait, one last thing before you go
You asked me what is ecstasy
It's being able to put my hands, my lips, and my fingertips
On any and every part of you
Because I know that you truly love me
And yes my dear, I do love you too.
 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful... Something every girl dreams of having but some are never so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always worry when I post something like this. I always try to make the writing come across as erotic as opposed to being vulgar. So I'm really glad that you liked it. This one was just sort of a rambling series of erotic thoughts, kind of written as a loose conversation between a man and a woman. And as much as I tried to write it as prose, it still ended up rhyming in places. But I left it the way it was because I felt that added to it, instead of taking away from the overall presentation. I try to write pieces like this from the perspective of the man I'd like to be, because in reality, I'm never sure if I could rise to that level so to speak. I'd like to believe I could, though.

    ReplyDelete