Sunday, September 8, 2013

But, You Get The Idea...

"But, You Get The Idea..."



 
Regurgitated whispers
Are leaving tongues with blisters
Subtle marks of Cain
For a truth laid slain by stones
Who can one truly trust
When trust is troublesome
A burden of loyalty
Too strong for weakened shoulders
For not everyone is Atlas
Or Samson for comparison
But oh well, what the hey
Draped in fleas with dogs I lay
But look at you and yours
Troubled graphs, in shattered frames
And growing with the list of names
Are the cases for which you're assigning blames
Yet who am I to give a shit?
Whether or not your tale's legit
You spin so many webs
My arachnaphobia's kicking in
And the foolish pride we're prone to feel
Is like a sharpened knife that's sticking in
Between the third and fourth rib
That allegedly made a woman long ago
In the pages of a dusty book
That I gave up reading for a decade plus
But enough of that holier-than-thou
It's not worth the sweat from my brow
Much like you and yours
At least from my perspective
You know, the one that you've long since collected
When you needed to vent
About your dramas so vast
That conversations poured onward
For hours they'd last
And my attention? Often waned
My patience? Often drained.
My body? Often pained.
Because in your life, you oft complained.
But that's your usual shit.
Mountains and mole hills.
Inferred arguments,
And hurled insults for thrills.
But the truth is, you only raise your voice
To those who are weak.
And not every time,
Some authority figure would speak.
'Cause you're not a rebel.
You're a fool with a story to sell.
And knack for playing a role
On both sides of the fence
Feigning concern for each party
Cloaked in your shrouded pretense
But when left without a defense
You stopped down to lying
In hopes to justify your trying
To do any fucking thing
Besides bragging about banalities
And testing all our sanities
Or hurling your profanities
And the few fools who once inflated your vanities
Ha aha ahahahaha aha hahahaha ahahahahaha haha
You are pathetic, aren't you?
At least I think you are.
I mean all that bragging and boasting
Has it gotten you very far?
I didn't think so.
I mean, don't get me wrong.
I once sang a similar song.
But that voice had gotten hoarse.
And that sorry shit had run its' course.
And in truth, it was about as real
As the gods of the Aztecs and the Norse.
But hey, let's not put the cart before the horse.
Or try to hide our eyes from the blinding force
Of a sobering reality.
'Cause this wasn't written to make you mad at me.
But honestly, as a hope that you
Would finally shut the fuck up already.
Could you do that for me?
Or for all of us maybe?
Thanks.
I appreciate it.
Well, not really.
But, you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment