Friday, September 6, 2013

Truth Is Beauty

"Truth Is Beauty..."




Truth is beauty, and beauty's truth
Just as imagination's the basis of youth
Young and vibrant she came to me
At a time when autumn and winter looked the same to me
The colors once bright turned dark to sight
Just as day's sure to give way to night
She passed not fast, and bestowed a glance
Her eyes met mine, as if by chance
A gift from God, the spark ignites
The stars they shine, like steady lights
They guide my thoughts, as they begin to race
I close my eyes, the dark outlines her face
I have fought to feel, these emotions pure
A disorder for which I seek no cure
If my love for you, will be the death of me
Girl I leave for you, what is left of me
And yes my dear we will go on
Because our love is far from gone
Although work puts me in another place
Not a day goes by that can erase
Who you are and what you've meant to me
Because I feel that we were meant to be
Girl, to your love I remain a slave
Until I lay flowers upon your grave...

1 comment: