Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dementia

"Dementia"




In my darkness may your triumphs find light
In my wrongs may your realize the things that are right
In my soul lies a pain that shall acquiesce to your touch
In my heart there is thought of you hurting me much
Do you smirk at my intuition? Do you deny such logic?
Do you wish to deplete my mind? While keeping for yourself it's profit
Are you cold-hearted? Do we share that emotion?
Do you wish me to suffer? Or do you bring to me devotion?
Will you give me your love, and all the things I ask?
Or am I too overwhelming? And is that too great a task?
Speak to me in your native tongue, and I'll respond without words
Take my heart and soul at once, like a shepherd's gathered herds
But there I dare to glance and say, they come with a lofty price
With my love comes vengeance, please choose to heed this advice
Love me and do me wrong, I'll follow you to the Gates of Hell
Brand you with my Scarlett Letter, and wish you wear it well
Why are my thoughts so dark, is what you often wonder
It's because I've been drowned in light, and the sun's shine never reaches under
Under the weight of the pain, I've placed on myself
Collecting dust is the Bible, that lies upon the shelf
That displays that picture of you, the one my eyes can't bare to see
In remembrance of things you did, to prove your lack of care for me
I wish it not to be this way, but it's how I've always been
Even when this life was well, my outlook was steady grim
I know not who to blame, so I'll blame the one I hate
The one who I see inside this looking glass, the keeper of my fate
But this person's not in focus, seems the glass won't let me see
The one who it is I hate,
But now it seems I can, and alas the one I hate is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment