Saturday, September 21, 2013

When Am I A Man?

"When Am I A Man?"


 
 
When am I a man?
That is the question you must first understand
Before finding the answer you've begun to seek
When the knowledge can be comprehended before I begin to speak
When are fantasies as real as they can seem?
Is it the nights when I infiltrate your dreams?
Can I compose your happiness today?
A song and smile to be sent your way
When do the birds sing upon your windowsill?
Is it when you lie awake in our bed so still?
When can the words good morning dance across your face?
Like when you missed our hello kiss, and can still drink its taste
When can you feel a look more than a touch?
When nothing is said and that alone is too much
Is it when you whisper to me of your request?
When to fulfill a wish I do my best?
But there will be days when your friends envy us
As their support gives way to such hateful lust
They long to feel the passion burns
With which we brand our hearts as this planet turns
It is true, my actions at time can be abrasive
But your touch is calming, and yet so persuasive
God knows best for me, and that my dear is true
Am I the blind man lost, within the parameters of you
Memories guide my way, and helped me to find today
But I asked a question first, so this is what I have to say
When am I a man?
Or more importantly when did I become a man?
Was it the day I was given the gift of life from the Lord above me?
Yes that could be,
But baby I believe I became a man,
On the day you first said you love me.
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment