Monday, September 2, 2013

I'd Rather Be Condemned

"I'd Rather Be Condemned..."




In a world where people seem to be searching for peace of mind,
I thought I would take the time, to give this online world, a piece of mine....

~ If waiting has gotten old, then I'm glad you have chosen something new.
~ The things we display the most, are what we wish people to believe.
Especially, since it's those who don't know us well, that are easiest to deceive.
~ If certain posts makes you pious, then I'd rather be condemned.
For there is an honesty in uncertainty.
And people are most afraid of what they do not know.
So they seek tranquility in what has been foretold.
They look for signs to guide them, because they are afraid to walk alone.
~ I wonder, what is a bigger disease, self-consciousness or self-righteousness?
On some days, I suffer both.
But if I'm being honest, I usually have a heavy case of the former and not enough of the latter. Because I sought to convince myself, that it was myself, that truly didn't matter.
But I was wrong. And right. I don't matter. But neither, do the majority of you.
~ Was Tyler Durden right?
Is self-improvement a form of masturbation?
Oh, tell me pretty one, how do you do it?
How do you project that air of invincibility?
How do you stay so humble while gazing down your nose?
Do all those extra looks make your synapses fire loud?
Does the awe you inspire truly make your ego proud?
Does their admiration make the little bit of hair on your body stand?
Does every like and compliment make you feel like you were heaven sent?
Tell me, pretty one! Tell those ugly souls like me, how much like you we could be!
If we just tried a little harder. If we just worked a little harder.
If we just got off of our fat, collective asses and sculpted our holy temples!
Then we too could be worshiped! Could we not?
~ Does working work for you?
Do you work and slave and sweat to make your money to survive like the rest of us?
Or do you do it for another reason?
Do you do it, so your neighbors and your relatives and your online friends will covet thy goods?
Tell me, little one, are brand names your gods?
Are the price tags on those designer rags their apostles?
Tell me... if you have to have something just because it's new.
And not because of what it can do for you?
Tell me little one, do all of the shiny things still catch your eyes?
Do you befriend the souls who can give you access to your prize?
I hope so. I want you to buy everything, little one.
Buy and buy and purchase your heart's content!
Buy the things that will fill that hole inside of you!
Buy the things that will make you forget the flaws you see in the mirror!
Buy the things that will make you smile and help you to forget the life you have at home!
I want you to buy until you feel complete.
Buy until you feel you are a better person than me.
It won't take long. Will it?
~ I wonder if God actually existed, would he or she be content with the things done in their name?
I wonder if all the little babies that died were really a part of his or her so-called plan?
Or maybe they were a typo.
Maybe we misinterpreted that, too.
Along with that book he/she supposedly wrote.
Maybe the so-called cornerstones of some people's character were chosen at random.
Maybe the true pillars of their principles were lost somewhere in translation.
Or maybe, just maybe, there is no plan at all.
Maybe we are all, just coasting along, like ripples on a pond.
The products of rock-like reality skipping across our face, until we've reached what lies beyond.
Maybe this imagined God is not on top of the clouds, but in our minds.
Maybe the words of his supposed son should not be in our statuses or news feeds, but in our actions.
Or maybe, just maybe it doesn't fucking matter anyway.

- End transmission. For now.



No comments:

Post a Comment