Friday, September 6, 2013

Three Once More

"Three Once More..."





She said,
Like a fleeting breath on attentive skin
I feel your words slowly sinking in
Won't you say those three once more?
Because they sound so beautiful.

He said,
Pretty words only go so far
But will travel the desired distance if they reach you where you are
My dear, shall I say those three once more?
If they sound so beautiful.

She said,
Your silver tongue tells golden lies
As I lose myself in your darkened eyes
And you say those three once more
Since that's all you seem to do.

He looks and she said again,
You think the clever turning of a phrase
Could cancel out your apathetic ways
Just because you say those three once more
Are you insane my love?

He said,
My crimes are not unknown to me
But through these words, have I not shown myself to be
Someone at your mercy?
As I say those three once more

She said,
Your words pour on like welcome water in a lonely glass
Will you continue to display what you have shown me last
Or will you offer the same?
The same stale three once more

He said,
They cannot become stale if they are not allowed
And confessions are best when sincere and said aloud
So will you close the passageways to your mind?
Just to block these three once more.

She said,
This cannot continue on for both of our own sakes
May our love be a dream from which neither ones awakes
So I will love you forever
And if you feel the same, then say those three once more...

No comments:

Post a Comment