Friday, November 23, 2012

Congratulations, Darling.

"Congratulations, Darling."
2012

It's 10:52 p.m.
Do you know where my mind is?
I'll give you a hint of sorts.
It's metaphorically sitting in the finest seat
Of all the nation's courts.
It is tense. It is attentive. It is, ready.
And you? You're probably not.
But I hope you're as relaxed as you can possibly be.
As I spit these words at you.
Because in truth, they're all I've got.
And they are all you deserve, if it's all the same.
Why, you ask?
It's simple really. (Kind of like you.)
It's because I have been waiting the entire day.
The entire fucking day.
To scour the cracks of my disposition.
To dig beneath the layers of banalities,
You have used to placate me under false pretense.
In the hopes, I'd find the perfect words to say.
That will allow me to properly enunciate my hate.
And to purge myself, of your fucking face
That remained in its' most sacred hanging place
In the corner galleries of my mind.
But you? You probably could care less.
And at first thought,
That realization caused a tidal wave of stress.
Leaving the mood upon my shore
As misused as a regurgitated mess.
But if I could use art to make it right
I would've painted you as obviously oblivious.
But that would be another stupid mistake on my part.
(Second, only to trusting you.)
Because you're not oblivious.
You are exact. You are precise.
You only play the part of nice.
Until it's time for you to play the victim.
Then you scream, like the world has got you in a vise.
But that's bullshit, baby.
Just like most of things you've said to me.
Let the words bleed out of me, like an open wound
And then you have something to brag about
But let me mention one,
Who once shined inside my dreams
Like the fullest, summer moon
Then magically your x's and o's will change.
The x's become crosshairs fixated on my head.
While the o's become the noose,
Slipped around my neck instead.
And I am hung in the court of your opinion.
Treason, as my crime.
And you? Grow a silent as a mime.
But pulling your imaginary rope,
And building your imaginary box,
Have both failed to impress.
And failed to entertain.
They merely delayed the avalanche within me
So your actions were in vain.
Yet vanity flows through you like a vein.
And fits you like a glove
Or some designer dress you've tried on,
That hugged you perfectly, time and time again.
And it's sad, really.
Sad, that I was beginning to believe.
That your fair skin would be angelic to the touch.
That your smile would illuminate my life.
But then you went and became a little much.
Your sweetened words had me in a diabetic state.
Like insulin was out of reach
And my insides could no longer wait.
But then you got quiet.
And the silence echoed louder than your lies.
Posting similar pictures right before my eyes.
Distilling any ounce of forgiveness
That I mustered, after a countless amount of tries.
Because you quite plainly, don't give a shit.
And baby, that's fine.
But just don't be surprised, when I smile and show my teeth
And my tongue secretes, the venom underneath.
And it falls unto my page, like rain
Rhapsodized to an extent
To alleviate the shades of pain
That would cause the ordinary of the world,
To merely sit, curse, and complain.
But allows me, to wash you away, like a newly discovered stain.
Congratulations, darling.
It's now 12:20 a.m.
And yesterday, you've gone,
From my potential everything.
To my certified nothing.
And whether you admit it or not,
I know these words will mean something.
And I hope every word stings just a bit.
May every syllable bring a tear.
'Cause then, it will be my turn.
To fail to give a microscopic amount of shit.
Because hey, that's the level you've brought me to.
You should be proud of yourself.
And fuck you if you're not.
Because I am. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment