Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Bitter Loss Of Eden



"The Bitter Loss Of Eden"
2010

It seems a slice of heaven
Is all that I'm allowed
So why do I voice displeasure
Each time I speak aloud
It was then my blossomed, living rib
Slowly turned to me and said,
"Adam, you are not alone,
For these thoughts are in my head."
Then we were greeted by a serpent
Who seemed to share a point of view
And stoked our burning temperaments
By revealing what we had to do
So now we're reaching for an apple
On this once forbidden tree
For it's often in our plainest sight
Where things are hidden constantly
So we shared the smallest little bite
Thinking all was right and fine
But we were sure about to see
How wrong we were in time
'Cause the skies began to darken
And a booming voice was heard
As we began to tremble
For having disobeyed His word
Then I glanced behind our bodies
Hoping the snake would clear our name
But the silver tongue had disappeared
Leaving faster than he came
So then expulsion was the pennance
As we began to fall from grace
Some wonder was it worth it
Losing heaven for a taste
But it seems we're only human
So mistakes will bring us shame
But if He made us in His image
Should we be the ones to blame
Since we are living out the plans
He has laid out for our life
But since I bit this stupid apple
I introduced this world to strife
And now most are blaming Eve
Though the biggest bite was mine
And while these leaves are used for cover
I still feel naked in my mind
For this mistake that we have made
Will echo throughout eternity
And we'll be painted as the villains
Or at least fools most certainly
And this impending infamy
Does possess a bitter sting
But it can't compare to losing Eden
That place meant everything...


No comments:

Post a Comment