Friday, November 23, 2012

Try Your Hand At Sin



This was a piece written about a close friend of mine after she and I had a conversation about her current situation. And it's another poem that got me in quite a bit of trouble.

"Try Your Hand At Sin"
2012

The crowd of sheep are roaming
With their shepherd square in view
But that smile of yours is showing
Like it always seems to do
And so you go about your day
To find comfort in routine
But with eyes as trained as mine
The truth can rarely go unseen
Darling, pretend these words of mine
Are apples on a tree
Dangling here before your eyes
For all the world to see
And before you take a bite of them
Know you don't have to share
And if you need an ear to bend
Know that mine are always there
But I know it's in your nature
To show the world your best
And ignore the growing pain
Pounding hard within your chest
And as fear gives way to rage
You debate on acting out
'Cause your co-star back at home
Is now severely lacking clout
And dear I hope you won't regret
What you were made to do
'Cause you'll see how good it feels
When you aren't afraid of you
And when right starts feeling wrong
And your wits are at their end
It's then I'll encourage you
To try your hand at sin
'Cause all you wanted was the love
You were promised from the start
But now a player on the stage
Won't play his fabled part
And so you start to wonder
If they should be recast
'Cause a rave-reviewed performance
Just won't seem to last
And with auditions drawing near
I hope you'll call my name
'Cause I'd keep on standing by
Without a hint of shame
And if you could walk inside my mind
Would it delight you much to know
That I've thought of bending you
If every position you could go
And my thoughts are often dark
With things better done at night
But my dear I do believe
That you'd taste better in the light
Of the proudest set of candles
That would ever hold a flame
As if bestowed to us in kind
And Prometheus were to blame
Oh darling, would it make you blush
To know of all the times
That I've often got a rush
As I viewed you from behind
Wishing I could place you on a desk
And introduce my tongue to you
As you'd recite your breathless prayers
'Til the moment I was through
With your fingers in my hair
Acting like waves inside my locks
I'd rarely come up for air
As you forgot the ticking of the clocks
But these are merely thoughts
That I've often held at bay
Because there's a ring upon your hand
And you barely look my way
And you bare no fault in this
For I'm a sight that's better left
To eyes that are truly sore
Or to those that hold their breath
Oh, there I go again
Rambling at the mind
Hoping to circle back in thought
Until the point of view I find
Will often rhyme enough
For you to place value on the words
That I'd probably never speak
But that your set of ears deserve
'Cause I'd bet dollars to the dimes
That you don't hear those words at home
So you wander lost through crowds
Wondering how you can feel alone
As you journey to the closest fence
Looking for a brighter shade of green
When it's compared to the dying grass
That you have often seen
And it's a shame to me
That an angel with your wings
Still longs to receive the light
That she often brings
To those closest to her heart
Or merely in her radius
And while some may give you love
Girl, I only wish to activate your lust
But if thrusts gave way to hugs
And our positions weren't for sport
I'd gladly make a queen of you
To help me rule the court
That's truly filled with jesters
Playing games throughout the day
When the saddest part of all
The biggest clown is in your bed today
But that's no fault of mine
And truly none of yours
You only wished to live the dream
Every little girl adores
But now you've grown into a sight
I'd describe as goddess to a tee
And if you ever feel the need to cheat
Don't be afraid to call on me
Because I'll truly never mind
If your relationship is flawed
Because I only want to make you smile
Before I make you scream for God
And I hope you won't regret
What you were made to do
'Cause you'll see how good it feels
When you aren't afraid of you
And when right starts feeling wrong
And your wits are at their end
It's then I'll encourage you
To try your hand at sin...

No comments:

Post a Comment