Friday, November 23, 2012

Let The Inferno Subside?


"Let The Inferno Subside?"
2012

My imagination has set sail
On a sea that moves like dust for you
But I ponder what will prevail
Is it my trust or my lust for you
For I hear you whisper words
That sound sweet when laced in breath
And so my fear of offending God
Has slowly faced it's death
For my hands, they wish to tear the lace
Away from your temple, love
Since we don't have the time to waste
Oh, the concept's simple, love
But if you knew the things
My mind chooses to recall
I believe the one you're with
Well, he wouldn't like me at all
But it's no fault of my own
'Cause you know what you did
And now these memories replay
While you continue to live
In  an oblivious bliss
To the improvements I've made
But if I ever get the chance
Best believe they will be displayed
For what once was a Sliver
Has both blossomed and grown
And this Enigma you've solved
Still has so much to be shown
'Cause the humble are willing to learn
If you're still willing to teach
And I feel I've made strides
But you're still so far from my reach
So what am I to do
When the passion does ignite
And I want to feel you again
But only the stars are shining at night
Should I let the inferno subside
Or should I pick up the phone
And whisper to you
That, "I hope you're alone"
But I know that you're not
First hand it would seem
'Cause there's evidence abound
That you're living out your dream
And the pride I feel for you
Is something you've earned
And yet, I haven't gotten over you
That's something I've learned
So tell me how it feels to know
I wrestle with lust and despair
And the few that I've pleased
Still have failed to compare
To the few nights that i had
In the web surrounded by flame
That felt like silk to the touch
Yes, to leave was a shame
But I was too immature
And too afraid of the risk
Of feeling something for you
And so my departure was brisk
But I've apologized
While you always forgave
And now I long for that night
When I was both a king and a slave
And now I hope time has found a way
To hold these thoughts in regard
Somewhere inside of your mind
'Cause for me, to forget them is hard
But when I really contemplate
I don't want to lose the thoughts
I'd rather bask in the eternal sunshine
This spotless mind has wrought
But that would be a lie
For we both know my mind
Has a gaping valley for every peak
That we ever were to find
But that doesn't matter much
'Cause you seemed to find a way
To get through the inner fog
That held a self-esteem at bay
But now it's slowly creeping out
And I have bouts of arrogance
That are quelled by the thought
Of times Cupid's arrow missed
And those few times for you
Have been far too often for me
So it was so easy to see
Why my mind was a coffin for the
Hopes and dreams that faith
Has rewarded for some
But without any of those things
There's strength in what I've become
So I hope these words find you well
For in my mind,
You're still vibrant when undressed
So take this as a thank you from
The wretched soul your body once longed to bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment