Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pool Of Blood


"Pool Of Blood"
2007

In a baron room
Far removed from the eyes of you
Lies a proudly broken man
Who knows what he must do
His hands touch the empty walls
As if they're adoring art
In his mind he's painting
A picture that will forever hang inside his heart
And it is a portrait of
The back you once slowly turned
For it is an image in his mind
That will be forever burned
But you know these things you do
Because you've come to do them well
And deep within your tattered soul
It's a story you wish I wouldn't tell
How you would run to me
Everytime you were in need
When I saw the things you couldn't see
And your little ego I would feed
With words dripping from my mouth
That we both sweet and so sincere
And you claimed you cared for me
But alas, you're never here
Was I a fool to be
Serenaded by your catchy song
To know your words were shit
As I embraced them all along
Yes these words like knives
On which my ears would lay
Pointed rusty edges
On which my thoughts would play
And here I bleed...
Bleed from the soul
Draining myself of all your control
Bleed from my ears
Draining myself of the lies I heard for years
Bleed from the eyes
While watching as the old me dies
And in this pool of blood
I stand alone, reborn
Slowly start to peel the fat
Away from the flesh retorn
And stitched upon a metal frame
That still bears the rarest name
And the cross I used to drag
I lay upon the sand and brag
That no longer will you matter
So save your condescending chatter
For I am not who I used to be
He would go to any lengths for thee
Instead I smile and simply state
That since I no longer give a fuck about you
Life, for the first time, feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment